Veridata is Oracle’s answer to Data Validation for environments where a replication technology is utilized. In other words, the tool is agnostic (but partial) to a set Database vendors. You can install it on a variety of platforms, and a few database types.
1. Download and unzip the media from eDelivery.
2. Invoke the bash script to start the installer.
3. Click “Next”.
4. Pick your installation directory and click “Next”.
5. On the ports section, click “Next”.
6. Leave the defaults and click “Next”.
7. Enter at the account username and password. This will be used to install the tables in the repository database.
8. Of course we will chose “Oracle” 🙂
9. Confirm the Oracle Home (Veridata Home) location.
10. Select and Instance and click Continue. This article assumes that the Veridata installation is on the same server as its intended repository.
11. I will let the installer create a new user for me.
12. Enter the DBA
13. On the next screen, enter the oracle database user where the Veridata objects will be installed.
14. Enter the default, and temp tablespace for the above user.
15. Check the box if you want it to start Veridata after the installation.
16. Review the settings and click “Next”.
17. Progress is always good.
18. Awesome! All done.
At this point, we can log into the Veridata Server successfully!
In subsequent posts, I will discuss the other aspects such as the Veridata Agent install, Configuration, etc.